There is Hope. We’ll help you find it. Let’s talk about it.
Individuals, Couples, Families, Adolescents and Children
LifeCare Counseling & Coaching provides comprehensive psychotherapy, marriage counseling, coaching, and relational healing for individuals and families who are struggling with emotional conflicts or mental health challenges and are eager to design a better life. Our professional counselors have clinical expertise within a wide range of treatment areas and offer state-of-the-art techniques, including:
- EMDR, which is scientifically proven to address anxiety, flashbacks and nightmares in those who have experienced trauma.
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention® to build trust in challenging circumstances such as helping adopted children transition to their new home.
Within LifeCare, you will find compassionate, experienced therapists who specialize in your mental health needs. And, should you ever require medication, LifeCare's psychiatrist works closely with you and your therapist to ensure you benefit from the best integrated mental health care.
Exited to grow? LifeCare also offers coaching as well as pre-marital counseling for all who seek to enrich their lives and reach new goals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All LifeCare counselors are licensed professionals or serve as interns under direct supervision of a senior licensed counselor.
- All LifeCare counselors are theologically trained and are active members of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) as well as the International Board of Professional Christian Counselors (IBPCC).
- You always have a psychiatrist available should you ever need to benefit from more intensive care.
- LifeCare professionals work with many insurance providers to ensure you receive the best, most affordable care.
LifeCare serves Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding North Carolina communities within the safety of a private and professional therapy setting. We also invite you to visit our office in Abingdon, Virginia.
Life by Design. It starts with a safe conversation.
Call anytime, 24 hours a day: (919) 851-1527.
My husband and I really benefited from receiving marriage counseling from Jerry Lankford. He really listened, understood our concerns, and was skilled in a range of practice approaches to help us. Jerry is trustworthy, supportive, and compassionate. The integration of our faith in the helping process was especially helpful. I would recommend Lifecare and Jerry Lankford to anyone!
Jerry is the best thing that I have ever done for my marriage. My husband can also relate to him better than most therapists because he comes from a highly motivated business background. He is firmly based in Christian values in a very non-judgmental, non-pedantic way that is relatable and enlightening.
My experience with LifeCare quite literally changed my life. I was in a bad way when I first showed up on their doorstep, but through my work with Jerry and Dr. Ballentine, I’m the healthiest I’ve been in years.